Introduction What Mobile Applications will you allow within your organisation? This is part 1 of 2 on managing applications on mobile assets. Part 2 is coming soon! Mobile assets are becoming more important due to their increase in demand and now require serious management due to...
Tag: Mobile Devices
Michael Cherry, Senior Analyst at Directions on Microsoft This article has been contributed by Michael Cherry, Senior Analyst, Licensing and Corporate Affairs at Directions on Microsoft. The locally installed applications Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Word Office are valuable...
We recently wrote An Introduction to Mobile Device Management (MDM) outlining what it is and what are considered mobile devices. The next question is, does MDM relate to ITAM? Is this IT Asset Management (ITAM)? Yes! Mobile devices should certainly be treated as an asset; therefore...
The time has come for your organisation to get a SAM tool. You’ve decided to buy into the idea of software asset management and you want to manage and utilise your software licenses better. You’ve received the backing from senior management, and you’ve been given a nice healthy...
Martin Thompson and I were recently commissioned to write an overview of options for Hardware Asset Tagging for a client. The client has kindly let us share our report for the benefit of the ITAM Review community. Thanks to Michael Smith, Practice Area and Delivery Manager, Inventory...
Does your MDM software include support for the Apple ASVPP Program? This article has been contributed by Stephen Midgley, Vice President Global Marketing at Absolute Software. In this article Stephen explains how to securely navigate the BYOD landscape. Recent research into mobile...
"Intune to Handle Mobile Devices" This article has been contributed by Don Retallack, Analyst at Directions on Microsoft. Don analyzes and writes about Microsoft’s systems management and security offerings, including System Center and Forefront products. Intune Update...
If you want to develop a policy for the management of mobile devices in your organization – what should be included? What is in scope? I’m assuming that a mobile device policy is an extension of a general IT or acceptable use policy and is likely to include, phones, smart phones,...
Bringing consumer assets into an overall asset management strategy. This article has been contributed by Dan Power, managing director EMEA for KACE, a systems management and deployment appliance vendor.
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process