On September 19th we host our second “Solution Spotlight Online” (SSO) event. The focus for this free to attend event is the critically important topic of Oracle License Management. Over three hours, this free-to-attend event will explore the following topics. The Business...
Microsoft and Oracle = Frenemies, Flexera’s RISCy business, plus Salesforce & Google want a piece of the BI
Microsoft and Oracle make friends? Splinter and Shredder. Odysseus and Poseidon. Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira. There are some people you just wouldn’t expect to see on the same team. When it comes to the world of software, Microsoft and Oracle are definitely on that list. Two behemoths...
ITAM Review Radio Show March 2019 – AWS spend gone crazy at Netflix, Oracle on the ropes, Hardware as a Service, Lego!
Job of the week – Software Asset Manager at Lego in Denmark The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show starring: David “SAM Beast” Foxen Danny “Soft and Cuddly” Begg Barry “The Mercenary” Pilling Rory “Process God” Canavan Martin “ITAM...
1. You’re going to need a cup of this after dealing with Java! Oracle announced in 2018 that updates for Java 8 would become chargeable from January 2019, meaning organisations wishing to continue receiving updates for Java SE 8 must do something. It is Oracle’s preference...
Just published is our guide to the small market for Oracle-verified inventory tools. Oracle-verified tools inventory Oracle Database deployments to a level that will satisfy Oracle LMS during an audit. Oracle haven’t verified any new tools for a number of years and market leaders...
Most people are aware that Oracle classifies – in its Partitioning policy – the different virtualization/server partitioning technologies into: Soft Partitioning Hard Partitioning Oracle Trusted Partitions for Oracle Engineered Systems The most commonly used virtualization...
It appears Oracle’s cloud FUD chickens are coming home to roost. The US based specialist securities prosecutor BLB&G has filed a class action lawsuit against Oracle on behalf of the City of Sunrise Firefighters Pension Fund. In a statement, the class action states that Oracle...
Oracle Database 18c was introduced in late 2017 by Larry Ellison, Oracle’s executive chairman and CTO, as ‘a big thing’. Also called the “Oracle Autonomous Database”, Oracle Database 18c automates security, provisioning and error handling. Oracle calls it “self-driving”...
Oracle Corporation have long been famous for their database software, and their often tricky, sometimes flummoxing, usually expensive, licensing rules – and the audits that go with them. IT Asset Managers worldwide have struggled, often through no fault of their own, to understand...
Approximately 10 years ago, Oracle Corporation started to sell a type of agreement known as the “Unlimited License Agreement” (ULA). An Unlimited License Agreement provides an organisation the right to unlimited deployments of a certain range of Oracle programs, for a limited...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process