Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 12: Setting expectations with ITAM tools to avoid disappointment. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, ITAM tools – setting the right expectations to avoid...
In this Podcast, I catch up with Rory Canavan of SAM Charter about his win in the Excellence Awards 2017, what’s new in the world of SAM Charter and discuss the 6 most important ITAM processes according to Rory. Podcast Topics Winning ‘Professional of the Year’...
Wrong tool, right idea It’s a fact. Tools are useless without people, just like a hammer is a pointless instrument without someone actually using it, and a chainsaw is extremely dangerous when in the hands of someone who doesn’t understand how to use it. SAM tools need skilled...
The time has come for your organisation to get a SAM tool. You’ve decided to buy into the idea of software asset management and you want to manage and utilise your software licenses better. You’ve received the backing from senior management, and you’ve been given a nice healthy...
This article has been contributed by Kyle Marks at Retire-IT. What has more value, an armored bank truck, or a van delivering old computers to a disposal vendor? An armored truck may hold millions of dollars. An old computer on the other hand, if lost, may mean millions in liability. Every...
Click to Enlarge Back in June one of our Virtual User Group (VUG) members has kindly shared their process for authorization and procurement of software. This is the second part of their software management process – ‘License Control and Efficiency’. If you are starting...
Click to Enlarge One of our Virtual User Group (VUG) members has kindly shared their process for authorization and procurement of software. If you are starting to build your process from scratch or looking to refresh your existing processes I hope you find this document useful. I...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022