We often hear that IT Asset Management can help organisations manage their IT assets, and prevent any unwanted surprises. We believe that ITAM can help organisations avoid ‘messy situations’ and can help organisations become more aware of any existing or potential risks within...
Tag: risk management
The views of the writer in no way reflect those of the organisations he’s working or worked in. Pick any definition you like of Software Asset Management. I’ll go with the ITIL version: “Software Asset Management (SAM) is all of the infrastructure and processes necessary...
“The concept of re-inventing the wheel is less and less efficient as the wheel becomes more and more complex.” Ahead of the IAITAM Spring Conference taking place in Las Vegas, April 28 – May 1, I interviewed Shaghaghi Shahryar, Partner and Jessica Allen, Manager...
Stop the CFO from wanting to show you the exit As an IT asset management consultant, I’m in this business because I want to be remembered for making a difference. But ‘making a difference’ can mean different things to different people. For the CFO for example, making a difference...
A post started by Lori Levenson in the Software Asset Management group on LinkedIn, asked the question what are the top three processes needed for a successful SAM implementation? Answers were varied, (and some longer than others – Thanks Steve O’Halloran!) but an observation...
SureCloud has brought a business analytics (BI) proposition into its IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution portfolio. The SureCloud platform will now be augmented with a BI tool designed to help organisations gain insight into areas of supply...
Magna Carta Memorial, Runnymede, UK By Martin Chalkley, ITAM Review Analyst. See other articles from Martin here. For the last 8 months or so there has been an interesting forum discussion on the LinkedIn Group – IACCM Contract and Commercial Management, the subject title being...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide