At a recent webinar we were asked: “How do I accurately report the value I add as a Software Asset Manager?” Specifically, the attendee was interested in strategies for accurately reflecting some of the intangible aspects of SAM, such as risk mitigation and avoidance. As a former...
Katerina Motlova This article was contributed by Katerina Motlova of Fisher ITS. Like many major software publishers, IBM contracts can be long and complex. This is usually true for larger customers who will hold an Enterprise Software & Servicing Offering (ESSO) agreement, rather...
Ahead of our Wisdom Online APAC conference we asked our sponsors ‘What do ITAM managers need to do in 2021?’ Read on to hear what ServiceNow, Airtrack, and Snow have to say about what our focus should be for 2021. How should we adjust to the changes we made to enable our colleagues...
ITAM teams have a critical role to perform in governing the rapid transformation we’ve seen to remote working worldwide in 2020. In this article we examine what’s changed, where ITAM teams should focus, and what you need to do to get to grips with the world of remote work. What’s...
In this podcast AJ Witt from the ITAM Review discusses Gartner’s first Magic Quadrant for SAM Service Providers with Ron Brill and Kris Johnson from AnglePoint. Topics discussed include: What SAM Managed Service Providers do How to select a SAM Managed Service Provider Types...
This article is a collaboration between AJ Witt of The ITAM Review and Dean Bolton, Co-founder & Chief Architect of LicenseFortress. In it, we explore the challenges around licensing highly complex environments and how to approach these to minimise risk, reduce cost, and maintain...
We live in unpredictable times – for ourselves, our families, and the organisations we work for. With the business playbook torn up, what can we as ITAM professionals do to help bring order to the chaos? That’s the subject of our new Online Summit – ITAM Crisis Management,...
Here’s part 2 of what our Wisdom USA sponsors had to say in answer to our question “How much of a focus should software audits be for an ITAM manager in 2020 and beyond?”. Origina by Brendan Walsh Audits are inevitable. It’s not a question of IF you’ll be audited,...
By Sean Robinson of License Dashboard Last month, Matt Barlow, Corporate Vice President at Windows confirmed it will begin prompting users still running Windows 7 to visit Microsoft sites to understand their options regarding the upcoming end-of-support date. Mainstream support...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process