This article suggests a four-step process for managing SAP users and indirect access. It is a mixture of feedback from our SIG calls on SAP Indirect Access and ITAM Best Practice using the ITAM Review’s 12 Box Methodology. The article is designed to accompany our webinar on the...
Jaguar F-Type (Jaguar Land Rover is Britain’s biggest car manufacturer, shipping cars like the Range Rover and Jaguar F-Type around the world. ) The iconic British car manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover saved a whopping £30m by optimising their SAP licensing position prior to negotiation....
ABInBev brands include Budweiser, Corona, Stella Artois and Becks The £60m potential fine mentioned in the recent Diageo case with SAP over indirect access looks like small beer, excuse the pun, compared to the $600m settlement mentioned for SAP licensing violations for the multi-national...
Podcast Episode 33: The Legal Perspective “User based licensing is not fit for purpose for most large organizations”
In this Podcast I am joined by Guy Tritton, Intellectual Property Barrister at Hogarth Chambers and previous speaker at our UK Conference to get the legal perspective of ongoings in the ITAM industry, in particular, the recent Diageo and SAP case. Topics covered What is a Barrister? Guy...
A recent ITAM Review webinar on SAP indirect access found that 75% of ITAM Review readers felt that the topic of indirect access would be relevant soon. Conversations with ITAM Review readers suggests that the recent SAP vs. Diageo will be used as additional ammunition by SAP account...
This article provides an introduction to a new commercial offering from The ITAM Review, a SAP License Management Certification. Certification of SAP License Management Tooling ITAM Review’s SAP License Management Certification is designed to help worldwide ITAM Review readers identify...
Special cocktail: SAP mixes up £58m Indirect Access bill for drinks group Diageo. Diageo is a British multinational alcoholic drinks company. HQ is in London, It is the world’s largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer. £10BN Revenue, 33K Employees. The UK High...
Is SAP indirect access hindering IoT innovation? The ITAM Review invites readers to join a new Special Interest Group (SIG) dedicated to SAP licensing, in particular SAP Indirect Access. SAP Indirect access remains a cash cow for SAP during audits due to unclear terms and the growing...
Podcast Episode 23: In this Podcast episode, I am joined by Patrick Dickinson, Senior Consultant at Aspera to discuss all things SAP. Podcast topics: About Secure Integration and Aspera Which team of an organisation deal with selling/ implementing SAP? What are the key things...
In this podcast I was joined by Eric, Richard and Nico to discuss the software market ahead of our audit defence workshop in Amsterdam on the 12th April. Further info here. Podcast Guests Eric Chiu, HW Fisher Richard Spithoven, b-lay Nico Blokland, In2SAM Left to Right (Richard,...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Risk Management within ITAM
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know