Independent assessment of Snow License Manager V6 We were commissioned to review Snow Software’s License Manager in March this year. You can download a copy of the review here. Our review identified that Snow has built a reputation for SAM in desktop environments and has been developing...
In September of this year, we will be kicking off a special feature dedicated to IBM Licensing and IBM License Management. The feature will include guides, opinion as well as reviews of SAM products suitable for managing IBM licensing. Overview This will be our fifth deep dive feature...
In June of this year, we will be kicking off a special feature dedicated to SAP Licensing and SAP License Management. The feature will include guides, opinion as well as reviews of SAM products suitable for managing SAP licensing. Overview This is our fourth deep dive feature aimed...
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! As 2013 begins to draw to a close, I thought it would be nice to finish off the year with a final article that’s an overview of what has happened at the ITAM Review over the last 12 months. That’s right, this will be our last post for 2013...
Eliminating duplicate accounts and dormant usernames can save 4%-7% from the total number of user accounts! This article has been contributed by Moshe Panzer, CEO of Xpandion. Part One – Getting into the Right Mind Set Part Two – Preparing Real Use Data Part Three – Pre-audit...
Moshe Panzer, Xpandion This article has been contributed by Moshe Panzer, CEO of Xpandion. Part One – Getting into the Right Mind Set Part Two – Preparing Real Use Data Part Three – Pre-audit Data Cleansing Classification Part 1 of 3: Getting into the Right Mind Set Once...
SAP UK MD Tim Noble: “standardise our terms, software rights and conditions globally” SAP this week holds the US leg of its TechEd 2012 developer and user conference and exhibition in Las Vegas. The firm used its opening keynote sessions to detail a set of extended developer services...
"...the spread of ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’ (FUD) is still the preferred choice of weapon by major software vendors" This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part...
SAP founders: Klaus Tschira, Hasso Plattner, Dietmar Hopp (from left to right) in 1982 This article has been contributed by Chris Hughes of Flexera Software. SAP engines (also known as packages) are optional applications for which additional licenses must be purchased. The metric...
Chris Hughes, Flexera Software This article has been contributed by Chris Hughes of Flexera Software. Generally, when we think about SAP named user license optimization, the focus is on three key optimizations: Identifying inactive users Inactive SAP user accounts are retired to...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Adobe to acquire Figma
- ITAM & decoupling: Smart Fringe Solutions for a Better World
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 2)
- As IT spending shifts to the cloud, ITAM must evolve
- Wisdom Unplugged: What’s it all about Rich?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 1)
- ITAM Review becomes patron of ITAM Forum
- Opentext acquires Micro Focus: Audits ahead?
- Torii awarded ITAM Review certification for Enterprise SaaS Management
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process