Costa Coffee hiring for an Asset Manager, UK The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show starring: David “SAM Beast” Foxen Barry “The Mercenary” Pilling Rory “Process God” Canavan Rich “Cantona” Gibbons Stuart “Duc De” Pomfrett AJ Witt Martin “ITAM Review” Thompson ~...
ServiceNow Knowledge 2019 20,000 attendees and 200 partners met in Las Vegas to gorge on all things ServiceNow for their annual “Knowledge 19” conference at the start of May. Due to the sheer volume of IT pros at the conference, I would speculate that “Knowledge” has become...
Image by Gino Crescoli from Pixabay April saw the release of Gartner’s 2nd Magic Quadrant for SAM tools. Magic Quadrants aim to highlight solutions to a particular requirement by ranking them on two dimensions – completeness of vision and ability to deliver. As ITAM grows in maturity...
ServiceNow held a launch event on Tuesday 12th September for their London release, skilfully avoiding a scheduling conflict with a slightly bigger event just down the road in Cupertino. The key components discussed at the launch include: License Change Projection Application Lifecycle...
New Broom, New Era According to my Las Vegas taxi driver, an event needs to be over 50,000 people before it makes an impact on the party town. So whilst ServiceNow’s “Knowledge 18” conference might have only made a tiny ripple on the Vegas map with a mind-boggling 18,000 delegates,...
ServiceNow announce SAM capabilities in their Jakarta release at Knowledge 17. ServiceNow’s Jakarta release, available to customers over the summer, will include license management of both Microsoft and Oracle software titles. This is ServiceNow’s first foray into the enterprise...
Partners actively promoting ServiceNow – who now have their own competitive offering I’ve heard from ITAM Review readers that ServiceNow is approaching them with a full SAM offering in partnership with another software company. This is in direct competition and conflict to...
Cloud Management – How management of Azure fits within the ServiceNow portfolio (CLICK TO ENLARGE) ServiceNow adds management of Azure Yesterday, ServiceNow announced support for Microsoft Azure within their cloud management platform. This is incremental to existing coverage...
Will any software vendor be able to deliver best of breed ITAM and ITSM in one solution? [Meeting of North and Baltic Sea]Cloud based ITSM vendor Cherwell Software has acquired ITAM vendor Express Metrix. We’ve seen continued convergence between ITAM and ITSM over the last few years...
Let the battle begin! We’re excited to be kicking off our research briefings next week for our competitive analysis on Asset Repository. Scheduled for publication in February, vendors confirmed to participate so far include: Axios Systems ServiceNow The research will highlight...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process