Thai Lee, CEO of SHI, with Michael Dell in 2012 ITAM service and SaaS tool provider eTelligent has been acquired by StrataScale, sister company to SHI International Corp. Both StrataScale and SHI are led by Thai Lee, who took the helm of SHI in 1989 and grew it into the $5BN IT products...
Tag: Software As A Service
“Heterogeneity on this scale creates both technical and licensing challenges for enterprises to overcome.” Analysts have predicted that in the next two years, over half of a company’s IT applications will be located in the ‘cloud’. This has significant implications...
"Migrating expensive, server software to shared services and cloud based infrastructure without a proper understanding of the risks involved will cost enterprises millions of dollars." Microsoft WPC (Worldwide Partner Conference) was held in July. I was delighted to be asked...
WHAT Gartner Local SAM Briefings in London, Oslo and Stockholm; “Don’t Leave the Job Half Done – Support Strategic IT Procurement with Vendor Management and Software Asset Management” Summary: Software Asset Management is critical to maximizing the value you...
With the hoopla around cloud computing the question “How do cloud and SaaS affect our industry?” is often asked. In my view cloud computing and other pay as you go models may make inroads into software piracy rates but the role of Software Asset Management; “managing software...
If you are a partner offering any form of remote managed service to your customers it will be a a struggle to avoid the allure of cloud based platforms. I have spoken before about the trend towards SaaS based services in the ITAM market and this trend is even more compelling amongst...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process