Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. This article has been contributed by Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. Following the SAM tools verification for Database and Options, Oracle has launched a similar campaign for its Fusion Middleware products. This article looks at the following questions: What...
Tag: Software Asset Management
Organisations around the world are in a state of flux managing rapid technology changes – a shift to remote working and a need to service customers digitally being brought to the fore. Alongside this, organisations are also grappling with a need to cut costs and manage technology...
This article is a collaboration between AJ Witt of The ITAM Review and Dean Bolton, Co-founder & Chief Architect of LicenseFortress. In it, we explore the challenges around licensing highly complex environments and how to approach these to minimise risk, reduce cost, and maintain...
Here’s part 2 of what our Wisdom USA sponsors had to say in answer to our question “How much of a focus should software audits be for an ITAM manager in 2020 and beyond?”. Origina by Brendan Walsh Audits are inevitable. It’s not a question of IF you’ll be audited,...
This article is collaboration between AJ Witt, The ITAM Review, and Maarten Saeys, Head of Product Marketing, Lansweeper At its annual Inspire conference this year, Microsoft formally announced that development for MAP Toolkit, a widely used inventory tool for Microsoft environments,...
By Sean Robinson of License Dashboard Last month, Matt Barlow, Corporate Vice President at Windows confirmed it will begin prompting users still running Windows 7 to visit Microsoft sites to understand their options regarding the upcoming end-of-support date. Mainstream support...
This article is the first of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review and Josh Brazee of Aspera. The series explores concepts & practical advice for managing Cloud deployments to minimise cost and risk whilst maximising value. Part One – (This article) provides an overview...
An ITAM Review reader writes: “I would like to set up a list of success criteria for a SAM project. Do you have any documentation around this that you can share with me?” Generic criteria, generic outcome If you create a generic list, you’ll get a generic outcome. You’ll be...
risk over cost savings? the cost of a breach from the perspective of PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, or GDPR is going to far outweigh any cost savings you may get from flexing which Office 365 plan your users are on. As Software Asset Managers we are used to managing both risk and cost. Whilst...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know