Takeshi Takeuchi, Aeru Planning K.K. I recently spoke with Takeshi Takeuchi, an IT consultant with Aeru Planning K.K. in Tokyo, Japan. Takeshi kindly provided me with a short overview of SAM in Japan: Q. The ITAM Review: How is SAM perceived in Japan? Takeshi: It’s been about...
Tag: Software Asset Management
WHAT Brandenburg Gate / Brandenburger Tor, Berlin, Germany 6th Annual Pan-European Conference – Strategic Software Asset and License Management 2011 ‘Avoiding under and over licensed software to save costs, continuous improvement of SAM, global and enterprise-wide SAM’ The...
Here are a few insights from reviewing 17 market leading SAM tools over the last few months: 1. GREAT TECHNOLOGY First of all there is some great technology out there. As someone who is looking at this technology on a weekly basis I found myself surprised at how far the market has...
Chancellor George Osborne unveiled the biggest UK spending cuts for decades. This article has been contributed by Larry Stein at Dell Kace. Public sector organisations are facing up to real pressure around cuts in spending. In the UK, the Comprehensive Spending Review announced...
With the hoopla around cloud computing the question “How do cloud and SaaS affect our industry?” is often asked. In my view cloud computing and other pay as you go models may make inroads into software piracy rates but the role of Software Asset Management; “managing software...
Following my recent article on the launch of SAM Advantage by the BSA – I received this anonymous contribution from an experienced SAM practitioner. In a nutshell – Software publishers have the most to gain from SAM education and create licensing complexity in the first...
Custom Tweaks To Enhance Performance This is the second expert panel following valued contributions from industry experts on the NHS exiting their Enterprise Agreement last month. If you would like to contribute to future expert panels please give me a shout. This month the expert...
The SAM Starter Kit The SAM Starter Kit by Sandi Conrad has been endorsed by Microsoft. Michael Beare, Worldwide Director for SAM, at Microsoft said: “Microsoft is fully supportive of the efforts of The ITAM Review to enhance customer SAM capabilities worldwide. The SAM Starter...
Belated congratulations to Concorde Solutions who picked up the Microsoft Software Asset Management Partner of the Year 2010 back in June. According to Microsoft: “The Software Asset Management Partner of the Year Award recognizes the partner that consistently seeks to innovate...
This article has been contributed by Brent Pietrzak from Flexera Software. Nearly every company I know is faced with budget constraints, but very few recognize just how much money they have tied up in software licenses and how much of that they could save with strategic software...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know