This is an independent review of Certero AssetStudio for Inventory and Discovery. Executive Summary Elevator pitch Great all round inventory and discovery solution that can also be used for SAM and Systems Management. Strengths Customisable widgets for data graphs Very strong...
Tag: Software Asset Management
Bernhard Boehler, Aspera By Bernhard Boehler, Co-founder & CEO, Aspera Technologies Inc. Introduction If you are going to do Software Asset Management (SAM), why stop at license compliance? With SAM, contracting and procuring software in ways that ensure compliance is synonymous...
This review compares the software recognition capabilities of leading SAM tools against real life customer data This article introduces a new type of review for The ITAM Review in 2015; Lab Tests. Our first lab test will focus on Software Recognition. Our study will be a data driven...
What tools do you have at your disposal to get started with ITAM? Free or low cost tools are a good way to build data and momentum for your ITAM practice. In my last article I talked about stopping the rot and getting the basis right. Part of getting the basics right is having some...
The time has come for your organisation to get a SAM tool. You’ve decided to buy into the idea of software asset management and you want to manage and utilise your software licenses better. You’ve received the backing from senior management, and you’ve been given a nice healthy...
This is an independent review of HP Asset Manager for managing Oracle Licensing. This review is part of our Oracle License Management Group Test. HP Asset Manager for Oracle License Management Product: HP Software Asset Management solution (SAM) consisting of HP Asset Manager (AM)...
September News Round Up It’s been a reasonably busy month in the world of ITAM for September, with the biggest news coming from Oracle. The ITAM Review have also had a busy month with a number of new articles and events news! September news: Microsoft to stop Office365 On demand...
This is an independent review of technology for managing Microsoft licensing and agreements. Also participating in this review: IE Brainware / Spider Snow Software A full comparison and Group Test results can be found here: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/2014/10/02/microsoft-license-management/ Executive...
SAMS Europe The ITAM Review was recently the ‘Premium Media Sponsor’ at the SAMS Summit Europe 2014 event in Berlin, Germany. This was the third year that we.CONECT hosted the SAMS Europe event, which included an awards ceremony after the first night. I was also fortunate enough...
The views of the writer in no way reflect those of the organisations he’s working or worked in. Pick any definition you like of Software Asset Management. I’ll go with the ITIL version: “Software Asset Management (SAM) is all of the infrastructure and processes necessary...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)