Micro Focus International plc (LON: MCRO) tops poll of least helpful software publishers. Quelle surprise, audits are up during COVID. A recent survey of ITAM Review readers has, perhaps unsurprisingly, revealed that software publisher audits are up during the global pandemic. Micro...
Tag: software audit
Another software audit case has gone to court – February 2019 saw the start of a case between Micro Focus v Express Scripts Inc. The document I have access to is a report of the initial summary judgment findings which gives a great insight into the content of the issue but, as this...
In this video, Brian Ross Global Audit Director of Veritas Technologies, talks to us about increasing your chances of a favourable audit settlement by maintaining a positive and productive relationship with your vendor. Brian explains that the key is to involve all internal...
One of the most asked questions that we, at The ITAM Review, get asked is “How can I prevent being audited?”. The answer is always the same – you can’t. The best thing any organisation can do is being ‘audit ready’. Being ‘audit ready’ requires a proactive SAM estate,...
Bernhard Boehler Ahead of the IAITAM Spring Conference taking place in Las Vegas, April 28 – May 1, I interviewed Bernhard Boehler, Co-founder and CEO at Aspera, about his presentation “Audit Defense – What Every CIO Should Know”. In just a few words, tell us what it...
Anne Watson This article was contributed by Anne Watson, Senior Systems Engineer/Altiris Consultant at Intuitive Technology Group. In my experience, IT Asset Management (ITAM) is rarely embarked upon as a proactive initiative. Adopting this program is often the result of a software...
Updated 25th April 2014 – The first version of the Code of Conduct is now live here: http://www.clearlicensing.org/audit-code-conduct/ This code of conduct from the Campaign for Clear Licensing is a first draft. Please leave your comments or contact me to discuss any suggested...
Kris Barker This article has been contributed by Kris Barker, CEO and co-founder of Express Metrix, a leading provider of IT and software asset management tools, and curator of the industry’s first and only Software Audit Forum. CFOs and their peers can be a tough sell when...
WHAT Software vendor audits are some of the biggest challenges faced by multiple groups within the enterprise – starting with the internal IT organization to legal department to the C-suite. These audits divert as well as exhaust internal resources due to the complexity, discovery...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process