This article is a collaboration between AJ Witt of The ITAM Review and Dean Bolton, Co-founder & Chief Architect of LicenseFortress. In it, we explore the challenges around licensing highly complex environments and how to approach these to minimise risk, reduce cost, and maintain...
Tag: Software Licensing
Licensing Oracle in a VMware environment can be full of risks and requires deep understanding and careful planning to ensure compliance. Join Rich Gibbons, Microsoft Licensing Analyst from The ITAM Review and Richard Spithoven of B-lay on this interactive webinar – ‘The...
Here at The ITAM Review, we’ve heard your requests for software licensing training – and we’re working hard to bring you what you need to make your roles that bit easier. Our aim is to deliver a comprehensive, intro to expert, multi-vendor, multi-format training portfolio...
In this article, Gillian Leicester, Co-Founder of Synyega, joint double winner of ITAM Review’s “ITAM Professional of the Year 2015” and the “ITAM Project/Implementation of the Year 2015” outlines her independent approach to what essential things you should check before...
The Campaign for Clear Licensing (CCL) has today published a white paper that suggests that Microsoft stunts its own growth through licensing complexity. The paper collates feedback from over 100 worldwide Microsoft customers on their concerns and challenges with software licensing...
The whole world is now aware that the majority of software vendors are moving towards a cloud based subscription model; and we have published a number of articles looking at the different vendors approaches, and why they are doing this. In the past, there have been some organisations...
The ITAM Review held a joint SAM Skills workshop event with the BCS on 14th July (See our original event listing here). Thanks to everyone that came along, special thanks to Gemma Walker of Livingstone and Greg Hallam of SoftwareOne for hosting excellent workshop sessions and thanks...
Introduction All organisations face risks with their software licenses. Some enterprise organisations will have hundreds of thousands of different applications and thousands of different software vendors installed within their environment. It is therefore unrealistic to make the ITAM...
Introduction Over the past ten years or so, software asset management (SAM) has seen a large increase in demand and interest in its services. SAM professionals are now considered a niche, with established, specialist professionals in high demand from a variety of organisations across...
Martin Thompson presenting at the IBM and SAP seminar On April 28th, 2015, we hosted an IBM and SAP seminar in London, with the aim of providing ITAM professionals a day full of IBM and SAP advice and knowledge. The event was well attended with over 50 delegates as well as a number...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know