This article has been contributed by Phara E. McLachlan, CEO of Animus Solutions Inc. IT Asset Management, (ITAM) should never be viewed as a “nice to have.” For every organization, it is truly “need to have” for various reasons, including compliance and cost containment....
Tag: software vendors
This article has been contributed by Scott D. Rosenberg of Miro Consulting. As consultants who help companies during software negotiations and audits, we often get involved with their internal legal counsel, and occasionally their external counsel. Senior executives usually believe...
I have been travelling the length and breadth of the UK over the last couple of weeks meeting with clients and attending events. Idle time on trains during this period got me thinking about what the software licensing industry can learn from the railways, and in particular, what can...
I have been invited to speak at a webinar next week entitled “From Adobe to Oracle: Preventing & Preparing for a Vendor Software Audit”. My part of the presentation will highlight the most common failures that lead to non-compliance during a vendor audit. In preparation...
WHAT Software vendor audits are some of the biggest challenges faced by multiple groups within the enterprise – starting with the internal IT organization to legal department to the C-suite. These audits divert as well as exhaust internal resources due to the complexity, discovery...
Flexera Software Vendor Profile I am pleased to announce that Flexera Software is the first ITAM Vendor to complete their expanded vendor profile within the new Vendor Directory. Unlike the rest of The ITAM Review, which aims to be educational and informative, the vendor profiles...
The Pareto principle can usually be applied to mitigating the risks associated with software. That is, 80% of the headaches, compliance issues and financial risk of software can be reduced by targeting 20% of your software vendor portfolio. I expect that this is not an approach...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process