This article has been contributed by Astrid Wynne Rogers of Techbuyer. David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech It is a long road from decision to action in the political world – and there can be some very deep potholes along the way. Whether it is reducing the intended...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 26: What is a software license? Welcome to Whiteboard Wednesday, this week, what is a software license? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SdQv7-6u3g Please like, follow, subscribe to Whiteboard Wednesday updates, reach out on social media and...
Katerina Motlova This article was contributed by Katerina Motlova of Fisher ITS. Like many major software publishers, IBM contracts can be long and complex. This is usually true for larger customers who will hold an Enterprise Software & Servicing Offering (ESSO) agreement, rather...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 4: What is a software audit? four types explained. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore four types of software audit. https://youtu.be/0ouOSTiMEhM Please...
This may come as a surprise to you, but there are some people that find Software Asset Management and Software Licensing a tedious, dull subject. Not being one of those people, I find it tough to understand how and why they don’t find our industry fascinating. There are thousands...
Using Pizza to explain IBM Sub Capacity By Mark Feinman – Siwel Consulting My wife is a very smart woman, but when it comes to explaining to her what I do in IT, I might as well be speaking another language. And so it went when I was trying to describe to her the difference between...
In this podcast Martin Thompson of The ITAM Review speaks with Peter Van Uden of Global Software Licensing Specialist Expert Circle. Podcast Topics What is GSLSEC and why was it set up? What is the outcome of this group for end users? Working with Microsoft, VM Ware, Citrix,...
Centralising – Handing over responsibility to the Head Office or the centre of the Organisation To have an effective and successful ITAM project an organisation needs to centralise and standardize their ITAM estate. This helps the ITAM team have a better overview of the ITAM...
CIO’s, IT heads, finance leaders and ITAM professionals are always looking to reduce or consolidate the amount of money being spent on software and software licenses. Tier 1 vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Oracle and Adobe all provide the required software to ensure a business...
In this Podcast Martin Thompson of The ITAM Review is joined by two ITAM professionals who share their knowledge and experience with regards to Second Hand Software. They are: Christiaan Murphy – Software Category Manager, CGI Tomas O’Leary – CEO, Origina Podcast...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process