SAM Tools are now a basic must-have for any organisation I remember when I first started in the SAM industry and was looking to implement a SAM tool that at the time a number of professionals and IT staff told me that they were ‘nice to have’ but not essential. At the time I could...
As we are all aware, the software licensing market is shifting towards a new model, a new way of doing things. This means a number of changes for SAM professionals, organisations and vendors. The biggest change is the way in which software licenses should be managed. Organisations...
What does being Audit Ready look like? We often refer to the concept of being ‘audit ready’ within the ITAM industry, and it is something that any organisation with an ITAM function strives to achieve. Due to the structure and nature of organisations, being ‘audit ready’ may...
Welcome to the second in our series for our new feature – The End User Review. We have had a number of entries for this feature, so thank you very much to everyone that has contributed so far. If you’d like to have your say, and your story told, please complete the review here. This...
We often hear that IT Asset Management can help organisations manage their IT assets, and prevent any unwanted surprises. We believe that ITAM can help organisations avoid ‘messy situations’ and can help organisations become more aware of any existing or potential risks within...
Software licensing for academic environments is different to corporate organisations as vendors want young people to use their software from an early age. They believe that this will lead to future usage or sales in the future as the user has been using the software since they were...
Introduction All organisations face risks with their software licenses. Some enterprise organisations will have hundreds of thousands of different applications and thousands of different software vendors installed within their environment. It is therefore unrealistic to make the ITAM...
This is a guest article contributed by Probuddho Halder, a SAM and Software Licensing expert based in India. Probuddho is a young and enthusiastic SAM professional. He likes to read and write about SAM and software procurement. Designing SAM strategy and implementation...
Welcome to the first in our series for our new feature – The End User Review. We have had a number of entries for this feature, so thank you very much to everyone that has contributed so far. If you’d like to have your say, and your story told, please complete the review here. Our...
Adobe has recently (not) announced that Adobe Acrobat XI is no longer available on the CLP price list. Instead, they have released a new version that is called ‘Acrobat DC’. Adobe Channel Sources have advised us; “it is possible to downgrade as long as you have access to a historical...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process