If you’ve been assigned responsibility for sorting out that prickly mess called software, you might be asking yourself – Holy moley! Where do I start? If you are a newcomer to managing software, may I offer you two pieces of advice? You might be feeling slightly overwhelmed by...
Are Companies Underestimating IBM Audits? I recently interviewed Alan Swahn, VP of Product Management at Flexera Software. We discussed IBM Licensing and the IBM audit program. Q. Why IBM? Shouldn’t companies spend more time focusing on Microsoft, Adobe or Oracle audit compliance? Many...
Click to Enlarge One of our Virtual User Group (VUG) members has kindly shared their process for authorization and procurement of software. If you are starting to build your process from scratch or looking to refresh your existing processes I hope you find this document useful. I...
You might know 1E for their NightWatchman brand, famous for switching off PCs at night when they are not in use and saving energy. 1E boasts some 16 million licenses across 1400 customers and the company claims that over 90% of their customers use the Microsoft SCCM platform for systems...
Root Cause Analysis not Bandaids If organizations are to escape the painful cycle of firefighting against software audits and progress towards fully-fledged software asset management the focus needs to be on managing and acting on exceptions. That is, identifying where leakages in...
This article has been contributed by Scott D. Rosenberg of Miro Consulting. As consultants who help companies during software negotiations and audits, we often get involved with their internal legal counsel, and occasionally their external counsel. Senior executives usually believe...
ITAM industry veteran Alan Plastow and Integrity Software deliver a deep dive into the risks and costs associated with non-compliance and dealing with enforcement agencies. In this recorded webinar Al provides an overview of: Worldwide Enforcement Agencies Compliance Exposures...
As a result of the work I did with the Infrastructure Executive Board last year I am able to share a great SAM case study. It details how Bristol-Myers Squibb, a global BioPharmaceutical company with over 30,000 employees implemented their software asset management process. It is...
Steve Klos and I have been reviewing ITAM vendors use of software tags over the last couple of weeks. Three things have stood out for me during the review process:
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know