One of the most asked questions that we, at The ITAM Review, get asked is “How can I prevent being audited?”. The answer is always the same – you can’t. The best thing any organisation can do is being ‘audit ready’. Being ‘audit ready’ requires a proactive SAM estate,...
Tag: Unlicensed Software
When getting started with ITAM you’ve got to first stop the rot! I started my previous article trying to paint a rough picture of what our ITAM estate was like without giving too much away and blowing my secret identity. I was very grateful for the number of responses the article...
42% of end users are unaware of software or SAM policies within their organisation This morning (24/06/2014) the Business Software Alliance (BSA) announced the results of their Global Software Survey. Security threats is the number one reason NOT to use unlicensed software The number...
Time to change the record? The BSA and other trade bodies such as FAST and SIIA have traditionally used a ‘Stick’ approach to raise license compliance up the corporate agenda. The CEO going to jail and fines are the usual battle cry (despite no executive responsible for...
The Business Software Alliance (BSA) today announced that Miller Automotive (www.millerautomotive.com), a group of car dealerships located in Van Nuys, CA, agreed to pay $107,998 to BSA to settle claims that it had unlicensed copies of Adobe and Microsoft software on its computers....
A refreshing change – the BSA is actually naming companies in their recent press release. TruStile Doors and Sentage have settled with the Business Software Alliance and agreed to pay fines for their use of unlicensed software. See the full story
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know