Tag: vendor audit
This is another article for beginners (See the others in the series here). We discussed in ‘Our Software Licensing Is a Mess – Where do we Start?’ that we ought to use the 80/20 rule to select a low number of specific software vendors to focus on first. On the basis that by...
This article has been contributed by Kylie Fowler. Regular columnist and Analyst at The ITAM Review. 1. I’ve had a request for an audit… what do I do now? Most audit requests come through as a letter or an email addressed to a senior manager or Officer of the company. If it doesn’t...
2-Year Forbearance from Vendor Audits for Certified Organizations Last year the Business Software Alliance (BSA) launched an industry training course and certification scheme based on the ISO/IEC 19770-1 SAM Standard (further details here). Today the BSA launch an ‘Organizational’...
I conducted a brief straw poll on vendor audit activity back in July. Thank you to everyone that took part, I apologise for the delay in publishing the results. In a nutshell: 78% experienced a vendor audit in the last year, average 2.5 audits, most helpful Microsoft, least helpful...
I have been invited to speak at a webinar next week entitled “From Adobe to Oracle: Preventing & Preparing for a Vendor Software Audit”. My part of the presentation will highlight the most common failures that lead to non-compliance during a vendor audit. In preparation...
Are you bored at work? Do you fancy a new challenge? How about the prospect of attracting lots of board level attention, the threat of legal action, loss of IT jobs, enormous punitive charges and all round fire fighting with a vendor audit? Simply follow this quick guide and you’ll...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process