By Martin Thompson, The ITAM Review
An independent assessment of leading SAM tools for large enterprises
The SAM Tools Universe report is designed to provide readers of The ITAM Review an independent assessment of the market for SAM tools for large enterprises.
Our goal is to provide an independent review and comparison of the market leaders, identify key competitive differentiators between tools and observe where the market is heading.
ITAM professionals should use this report, as supporting material to help in the tool selection process, to help them understand the key strengths and weaknesses of tools, understand the where the market is innovating and highlight capabilities they might not have considered.
SAM Tools Assessed
- Aspera - SmartTrack 4.1
- Brainware - Spider 6.3 & Columbus 7.4.1
- Concorde - Core Control 11
- Eracent - IT Management Center 10.1.78
- Flexera Software - FlexNet Manager Suite 2015 R2
- HPE - HPE Universal CMDB with Universal Discovery 10.2 & HPE Asset Manager 9.50
- LANDESK - LANDESK ITAM Suite 2016.1
- Snow Software - Snow License Manager 8.0
Scoring for the SAM Tools Universe is based on three primary data sources:
- Customer satisfaction
- Market share and
- Competitive strength - consisting of a) 71 Core capabilities and b) 18 Competitive differentiators.
The table below provides a high level overview of the assessment criteria and weightings. All RFI questions used to assess vendors are included in the report.
Table of Contents
Martin Thompson is the owner and founder of The ITAM Review, an online resource and community for worldwide ITAM professionals. Martin is an ITAM Industry research analyst and has been tracking the ITAM market since 2008.
On a voluntary basis Martin is the Chief Agitator at the Campaign for Clear Licensing, a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the SAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770 and board member of Free ICT Europe which supports the ICT secondary market.