The organisers of Wisdom APAC 2022 understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who we interact with, so this privacy notice sets out details about how your registration data will be used.
For the purposes of this event and because it is a joint event, the following organisations act jointly as data controllers and therefore jointly determine how your personal data is processed (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” hereinafter):
- The ITAM Review, Unit 5, The Workshed, London Street, Swindon Wiltshire, SN1 5DG (firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 845 130 3166)
- The ITAM Review Training Ltd, Unit 5, The Workshed, London Street, Swindon Wiltshire, SN1 5DG, United Kingdom (email@example.com, +44 (0) 845 130 3166)
- Flexera – 300 Park Blvd, Suite 500, Itasca, IL 60143, United States (+1 (0) 847 466 4000)
- SHI – Third floor, 401 Grafton Gate, Milton Keynes, MK9 1AQ, UK (+44 (0) 1908 300 370, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Airtrack – Level 7, 131 Queen Street Melbourne Vic 3000 (email@example.com, +61 396709600)
- Insight Enterprise Australia – Level 3, 120 Old Pittwater Road, Brookvale, NSW 2100, Australia (+61 2 8978 2000)
- TMG – Level 7, 131 Queen Street Melbourne Vic 3000 (+61 3 9670 9600, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Enterprise License Solutions – (ENQUIRY@ENTERPRISELICENCESOLUTIONS.COM, +61 407 728 623)
You should refer to each organisation’s own privacy policies to understand further about how they may process your information.
How we collect your information
All the information we process about you is provided by you at the point of registration. The information will be collected on registration by representatives from one of the above listed joint controllers.
When you register we will typically ask for the following information:
- Name, job title, company name, email address
- Work address, work phone number, number of employees
How we use your information
When you provide your information, we, collectively will use it for the following purposes:
- To register you for the event. This will include recording your details on our registration system, our event App (where applicable) and if required, providing you with a name badge
- To maintain a list of attendees for health and safety purposes during the event (for in-person events)
- To run the event, including the use of third-party services and applications to improve the event experience
- To contact you before the event to provide you with relevant updates
- To contact you after the event to provide you with copies of any presentations given and to ask you to provide feedback, where relevant
- To contact you, unless you have told us not to, about our products and services
Our legal basis for processing
- Contract for registering – if you wish to participate in the event, you must register
- Legal obligation to comply with health and safety laws (where the event is in-person)
- Legitimate interest in following up with attendees after the event
- Legitimate interest to contact you about our products and services after the event
How long will we keep your information?
Unless stated elsewhere in this document or at the point of registration we will keep your registration details throughout the event and afterwards for the purposes of following up with you. After this follow-up has occurred unless you have asked us not to (in which case your data will be deleted unless it is otherwise lawful for us to continue to retain it), we will continue to retain your information for marketing purposes.
Who will we share your information with?
Your registration information will be, as set out already, be shared amongst the event organisers and sponsors.
For in-person events, we may also share your name and details with the venue for the purposes of ensuring your safety during the event.
Otherwise, we do not share any personal data with any third parties unless it is lawful for us to do so, if required by law to do so or if you provide us with permission to do so.
Third party processors
We use a range of third-party providers to collect registrations for our events and to maintain your details during and after the event. These providers could include:
- Zoho Backstage for event registration and during the event.
We will only store the minimal amount of information in these systems and we only use third-party systems that we can trust to be GDPR compliant. We also make sure we have a contract (sometimes called a Data Processing Agreement or DPA) in place to legally bind that compliance.
For some of these third-party systems this does mean that your data may be stored and processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is the case, we have made sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure appropriate protection for your data.
Your data protection rights
Under current data protection legislation in the UK, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the data we store and process about you. You can find more information about your rights on the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
Access to your data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable, and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
To make a request for any personal information we hold and process about you, we would prefer it if you could put it in writing or in an email to the address above. We may ask you to verify your identity before providing the information and where necessary may contact you further to ensure we understand what data you are requesting.
Keeping your data up to date
It is important that any of your data that we process is kept up to date and accurate. We may from time to time, ask you to verify your contact details but if you wish to update any information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details above.
Erasure of your data (the “right to be forgotten”)
Under some circumstances you may wish to delete the data we hold about you. It may not always be possible for us to do this, but you should put your request in an email using the contact details above.
Your right to restrict processing
If you no longer wish for your data to be processed you should contact us using the details above.
How to object to processing
Some of the data we collect from you are for very specific purposes and without this information we may not be able to provide our products and services to you. However, you have a right to contact us if you wish to object to any of our processing and we will tell you whether it’s possible for us to do so.
Where we are using your data for marketing purposes, you have the right to opt-out of any further marketing, at any time. You can unsubscribe (opt-out) of any of our marketing messages by using the unsubscribe option or by contacting us.
Your right to portability allows you to request a machine-readable format of the data you supplied to us. In most cases this will be limited to the information you provide for the purposes of registering for the event.
Making a complaint
If you want to make a compliant about the way we are processing your data, you can contact us, using the contact details above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
For more information about your data rights and privacy or data protection in general visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website: https://ico.org.uk
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change or update elements of this privacy notice from time to time or as required by law.