One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Licensing and Software Compliance. Below is a summary of articles covering Licensing and Compliance from the archives:
Software Vendor Compliance
- The most common issue that leads to heavy-duty fines or expensive settlements
- The Software Compliance Calendar
- ARTICLE: Taking Control of a Software Vendor Audit
- Profit Motives in Software Asset Management
- Video- Assuming Compliance Can be Costly
- Time to Make a Stand against Vendor Audits
- 15 Steps To Completing A Software Audit
- Vendor Audit Maturity Model
- Australian Engineering Firm Must Pay 10 Years Compensation For Copyright Infringement
- BSA Announces Four New Piracy Cases
- BSA Puts the Brakes on Los Angeles-Area Car Dealership Group
- For Every 10 Software Installs Worldwide, 6 are Paid For
- Former Vendor Auditor Provides Software Compliance Tips
- A Free Tactic To Save Thousands in Licensing
- Driving Down Costs with Software Asset Optimization
- Ten Things To Consider Before Signing Your Next Microsoft Agreement
- 3 Steps to Negotiating Software Agreements
- Licensing in Virtual Environments – Six Steps to Containing Costs
- BBC Slashes SAP Licensing Costs
- Microsoft Metered Pay-As-You-Go = The end of license management?
- Cost Cutting Tips; Viewers and Free Alternatives
- Trading Surplus Microsoft Agreements
- Excel is still the most widely used tool to manage licenses
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.