What new features do users consider to be the most valuable?
So far common themes include:
- Automated reconciliation
- Usable business metrics without having to self cleanse data
- Auto Discovery
- More out of the box content and license knowledge
- SAM functionality on IBM and SAP
- Training for users, more customer service
- Integration with accounting programs
- Custom Reporting
25% Considering A Change In Primary ITAM Technology
Please take a few minutes to take part in the 2010 Tools Census, an independent analysis of the current use of ITAM Tools and Technology:
- Which is the most popular tool?
- Which tools are users most happy with?
- Which tools are users experiencing the worst results?
- What features are top of the wish list?
- Published results will be anonymised – individual responses will be in the strictest confidence.
Full results will be published in the ITAM Review and emailed to participants. The 2010 Tools Census is open to End User Organisations, Consultants and Partners
Thank you in advance for your time.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.