- What: UK Software Management and Licensing Conference
- Where: Majeski Football Stadium, Reading, UK.
- When: 21st April 2010
- Who: SIRB
- Further Details: FAST IiS
- Business Editor of The Times, Ian King, will share his views on the impact the economic climate has on IT practices and strategy
- An executive summary of recent findings from IDC SAM research project, with results you can use to support any SAM business case
- Licensing requirements for both SaaS and the Cloud
- Milestones to move up the SAM maturity curve and reap the extended benefits
- Real world customer experience demonstrating how to get to grips with effectively managing your licenses
- Achieving the ISO SAM standard in stages
- IT software asset management and beyond
- How to take the steps towards software licence compliance with SAM
- “The economic climate and its impact on IT practices and strategy“ Ian King, Business Editor, The Times
- “SAM maturity in the UK market – 2010 UK research“ Alex Hilton – Chairman, Software Industry Research Board (SIRB)
- Oracle, the customers experience
- Considerations for outsourcing your SAM programme
- Achieving ISO SAM in stages
- Key requirements and milestones to move up the maturity curve
- Next Generation SAM – Bringing it all together – reducing software spend costs whilst improving user satisfaction
- Moving beyond asset management
- SaaS and Cloud Computing within your software strategy
- Taking the steps towards licence compliance and effective licence management with SAM
- Virtualisation and software licensing
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.