Topics covered in this podcast:
- How Microsoft software can be virtualised / types of virtual environments
- What to watch out for when virtualising Microsoft
- Building systems to manage Microsoft in virtual environments
- Things to consider when designing new virtual environments- how Enterprise Architects can make SAM friendly decisions
5 Tips for Software Asset Managers getting to grips with Microsoft Virtualisation
- Identify mobility
- Understand clusters / virtual relationships
- Understand the whole estate
- Understand how the estate could change in the future
- Keep track of change
What is VDI / VDA?
“Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is the practice of hosting a desktop operating system within a virtual machine (VM) running on a centralized server. VDI is a variation on the client/server computing model, sometimes referred to as server-based computing.” source
Windows Virtual Desktop Access (VDA) is an authorization strategy that requires each device seeking access to a Windows virtual desktop in a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to be licensed. source
Join us to discuss Microsoft Licensing and pick the brains of your peers!
- UK Microsoft Licensing Seminar 17th September – LONDON
- USA Microsoft Licensing Seminar 21st October – NEW YORK
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.