In this podcast I discuss ITAM tool selection best practice with a number of leading tool providers.
This is a preview in the run up to our ITAM Tools Day on the 20th November.
- Torsten Boch, Matrix42
- Patrick Gunn, iQuate
- Phil Merson, Concorde
- Srdjan Ljubisavljevic, Flexera Software
- Sumin Tchen, Belarc
ITAM Tool Selection Best Practice:
- Engage with suppliers prior to RFI – an opportunity to learn more about the philosophy and direction of tool manufacturers before diving into feature-by-feature analysis. Allow the suppliers to offer solutions and partnerships that might suit your unique environment and/or situation.
- Focus on business outcomes and organizational goals.
- Proof of Concept – Test the business case; will the outcomes described in the RFI be realized? Identify other solutions that implementing the technology might generate. Identify the real requirements of building a SAM platform by identifying people, process and technology constraints during the Proof of Concept.
- Get stakeholders to review the outcomes of the POC and get their buy-in.
- Test how the suppliers support you during the POC process
- Proof of concept goals: What are the things that will demonstrate that this project will be a success to your business – test these during the POC
- SAM Tool Buyers Guide
- ITAM Review Tool Reviews
- Need help with ITAM Tool Selection? The ITAM Review can help.
This is a preview in the run up to our ITAM Tools Day on the 20th November. Come and see EIGHT leading ITAM tools in one day and network with peers.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.