We published 128 new articles in 2018, which were the most popular?
- Our most read article of 2018, with over 100K views, was the news that Oracle are to start charging for Java
- The gorilla in the ITSM market is muscling it’s way into ITAM, here’s my initial thoughts on ServiceNow’s “London” release
- The enterprise software dinosaur SAP is still struggling to find it’s way in a hyper connected internet era, rumours over their licensing tactics came in at number three.
- RedHat got bought by big blue in 2018, the Enterprise Linux subscription guide was our fourth most read.
- Microsoft price increases and programme changes
- The hidden costs of SAM tool implementation
- Microsoft adds Azure Hybird Benefit for SQL Server
- Gartner released their first SAM MQ in 2018, AJ’s analysis was our 8th most read of 2018
- Looking to profit from those spare Office licenses left over from your migration to O365? So are many other organizations who are selling their spare perpetual licenses for millions. Second hand market finally gaining traction.
- Microsoft announce changes to Windows 10, Office 365 and Office 2019
- SAM Tool manufacturers got heat from their venture capital firms in 2018 for not hitting big growth numbers, are managed services to blame?
- More RedHat at number twelve with our JBOSS Middleware subscription guide
- Nike hit back at Quest audit nonsense
- Our highest ranked guest post comes in at fourteen from Richard Spithoven, “Oracle on VMware – adding non-standard terms to your Oracle agreement”
- The new version of the ISO standard, more relevant than ever – news from David Bicket
- Richard Spithoven again at eighteen – What’s new in Oracle 18c?
- Jochen Hagenlocher’s predictions for 2018 – “SAM’s impact in 2018”
- Quest sue Nike (Original story – see Nike’s retaliation at 13)
- My future predictions for disruptive technology: Machine Learning, Blockchain, IoT and the future of ITAM
- Finally, why do organizations use SAM MSPs came in at number twenty.
Our forum received 138 new questions in 2018 with 491 new answers posted.
Top 10 Forum Posts by Views
- SQL Per Core Licensing and Core Factors
- Clarification on Office 365 downgrade rights
- New Microsoft partner tool “Movere” newer/better MAP tool?
- Office365 in a Citrix Environment
- Microsoft MPSA vs EA
- Windows and SQL Server licenses for development and testing environments
- Snow, Aspera, iQuate or Flexera? Any advices on how to select?
- Hardware Asset Management Best Practice
- Negotiating renewal of SAP UDD agreement
- KPMG and IBM conflict of interest
Top Three Most Popular Podcasts in 2018
- Podcast Episode 49: ‘Average 30% overspend on Cloud is reducing necessity for audit’
- Podcast Episode 46: New Year Predictions
- Podcast Episode 51: The 6 most important processes
All the best for 2019! Cheers, Martin
- Tags: Crowdsourced Favourites
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management.
On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
Learn more about him here and connect with him on Twitter or LinkedIn.