This article has been contributed by David Foxen Founder & Principal Consultant at SAM Beast Consulting DISCLAIMER, this focuses primarily on the cost savings element of ITAM rather than service or integration with other teams. I’d end-up writing a whole book if I included...
Author: David Foxen
Emotion. It’s a strong word with even stronger consequences. It’s something that organisations do not focus enough time and efforts on managing or listening to, in my opinion. I believe this is wrong as people’s emotions can play a massive part in a new function’s success. When...
This may come as a surprise to you, but there are some people that find Software Asset Management and Software Licensing a tedious, dull subject. Not being one of those people, I find it tough to understand how and why they don’t find our industry fascinating. There are thousands...
The bumps in the road when upgrading to Office 365 and how to overcome them A number of organisations who have already gone through this process may have already experienced this, but for those of you who are thinking about upgrading to Office 365, there is a slight bump in the road...
This licensing quick guide aims to give you a basic understanding of Citrix products, their license types and how to manage Citrix licenses. Citrix have been providing server, application and desktop virtualisation software since 1989. Based out of the USA, they currently have over...
The whole world is now aware that the majority of software vendors are moving towards a cloud based subscription model; and we have published a number of articles looking at the different vendors approaches, and why they are doing this. In the past, there have been some organisations...
Following this advice will ensure that you are always audit ready and are on top of your SAM & License management game. One of the best pieces of advice that I received from a SAM professional was to treat everyday as if your organisation was being audited. At the time I laughed...
Centralising – Handing over responsibility to the Head Office or the centre of the Organisation To have an effective and successful ITAM project an organisation needs to centralise and standardize their ITAM estate. This helps the ITAM team have a better overview of the ITAM...
CIO’s, IT heads, finance leaders and ITAM professionals are always looking to reduce or consolidate the amount of money being spent on software and software licenses. Tier 1 vendors such as Microsoft, IBM, SAP, Oracle and Adobe all provide the required software to ensure a business...
Audits are one of the biggest challenges facing SAM professionals and licensing professionals in the current era. Gone are the days when only the likes of Microsoft and IBM conducted ‘reviews’; now all of the Tier 1 vendors regularly audit their customers, and a number of other...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- ITAM Forum expands chapter network, volunteers required
- Crowdsourced Favourites – Most read news from 2021
- Would you like a quality stamp for your ITAM management system?
- ITAM & the Log4J vulnerability
- How ITAM drives establishment of an IT Circular Economy
- “This is an industry on the verge of very soon exploding”
- Software-enforced obsolescence undermines Microsoft’s sustainability credentials
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process