In this guest article by George Arezina, Independent Global ITAM & FinOps Consultant, George explains why ITAM should have a seat at the FinOps table. I think we can all agree, the use of public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, OCI) during the pandemic exploded, whilst organizations...
Author: Guest Contributor
In December 2021, we covered the Log4Shell/Log4J security vulnerability which was described as “the single biggest, most critical vulnerability of the last decade” – and how ITAM plays a role in helping organisations prevent and remediate cyber security threats. In this article,...
Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. This article has been contributed by Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. Following the SAM tools verification for Database and Options, Oracle has launched a similar campaign for its Fusion Middleware products. This article looks at the following questions: What...
This post was contributed by Sarah Davies. Over the last 2 months or so, many companies have undertaken large purchases and deployments of equipment to enable employees and students to effectively work from home. As lockdown rules start to be relaxed around the world, an important...
This article has been contributed by Matt Klassen, Vice President of Product Marketing at Cherwell, to share some insight into what he thinks will be major trends in 2020 and beyond. Low code will democratise IT Low-code, no-code or “codeless” are big buzz words right now in...
This article has been contributed by Matt Stacey at QMS International. Recent Survey Highlights Shift in Business Cyber-Security Efforts The figures of the global survey of ISO management standards showed that over 2,000 Information Security Management System Certificates were...
This article has been contributed by Mark Dobson, ITAD Specialist at NextUse. ITAD for Mobile Devices When you’re about to retire dozens or hundreds of your employees’ mobile devices, you don’t want the company data stored on them to end up in the hands of your competitors...
Don’t get caught in a trap, ensure you’re compliant This article has been contributed by Eric Chiu of FisherITS Customers can still be fined for violating IBM’s Sub-Capacity licensing terms even after deploying the ILMT tool. This article takes a look at the areas...
Many ITAM Review readers are yet to get a handle on cloud spend and lack a definitive cloud procurement strategy This article has been contributed by Bali Kuchipudi of SoftwareONE. How to establish accountability for cloud spend We all know that the cloud has vastly changed how...
This article has been contributed by Jochen Hagenlocher, Head of SAM at a Fortune 100 Company, ITAM Review Professional of the year 2016, ISO/IEC 19770 WG21 member and SAM enthusiast. In this article Jochen outlines his focus for increasing SAM’s impact in 2018. Jochen...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- We don’t talk about ITAM (no, no, no)
- Microsoft makes big changes to licensing policies for European Cloud Providers
- How to reduce e-waste – ITAM’s role in meeting sustainability goals
- Microsoft 24×7 support to be retired
- Why ITAM deserves a seat at the FinOps Table
- As ITAM ascends, what does it all mean for ITAM salaries and skills?
- Interview Tips: How to win at job interviews
- The Software Licensing of Robots
- Podcast: Creating business value with ITAM
- 69% of Tech Executives Say Shadow IT is Top Security Concern: Torii Study
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide