Company data left on a mobile device in a back of a taxi. Are you covered? Recap We previously looked at what exactly mobile device management (MDM) is and the types of solutions available to organisations. In part two we dive deeper into MDM including how MDM can help support mobile...
Category: Hardware Asset Management
Martin Thompson and I were recently commissioned to write an overview of options for Hardware Asset Tagging for a client. The client has kindly let us share our report for the benefit of the ITAM Review community. Thanks to Michael Smith, Practice Area and Delivery Manager, Inventory...
Mobile devices are increasing in popularity within organisations. With so many mobile device types and options currently on the market, organisations are spoilt for choice when choosing what tablet their employees can use, or what mobile phones they are going to give out. Mobile devices...
This is part two of a two-part series on environment recognition. See part one here: ‘Modern SAM requires ‘Environment Recognition’ as much as ‘Software Recognition’. In my last article I explored the concept of ‘environment recognition’. I suggested that modern Software...
This best practice guide has been contributed by UK charity Computer Aid International. The research and recommendations in this guide are aimed at UK companies. However I believe organizations worldwide can benefit from these guidelines. For disposal charities outside of the UK please...
This article has been contributed by Robert Whittle at Asset Control. One of the fundamental requirements for the IT Asset Manager is ensuring the security and traceability of the assets within the enterprise. The most common, almost ubiquitous, way of achieving this is through...
This article has been contributed by Kylie Fowler. Kylie is an experienced IT Asset Manager and writes Practical ITAM. Here she shares her views on the role of Hardware Asset Management within a Software Asset Management programme. How much HAM do you need in your SAMwich? ….quite...
An accurate, up-to-date and dynamic view of the total number of IT hardware assets in an organisation is probably the most basic of ITAM metrics to monitor. It seems like a simple number to track but I am constantly amazed at the number of organizations who don’t have a clear...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging