e-waste tsunami This article has been contributed by Astrid Wynne Rogers of Techbuyer. Governments around the world are developing policies around the Circular Economy and the UK is no exception. In July 2020, it released a Circular Economy Package policy statement, saying the country...
Category: IT Asset Management
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area.
Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area. We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 9: Selling ITAM to the boss on one sheet of A4 Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, how do I sell the proposition of ITAM to my boss, the C-suite, on one sheet of...
1 year review – ITAM Forum, formed April 2020. One year of the ITAM Forum! This April marks the first anniversary of the formation of the ITAM Forum. In this article, I’ll look at why we formed, the guiding principles we developed along the way and the great milestones we...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 8: What is the difference between IT Inventory and Discovery Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week, Inventory and Discovery. What do they mean? Why are they important? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KYqb4SJVpQ Please...
It’s been a busy few weeks in the Enterprise SaaS Management space. Read on for a roundup of investment announcements, acquisitions, and new entrants. We firmly believe that 2021 will be a year of rapid growth for SaaS Management tools and services, as customers seek to get to grips...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 6: What IT Assets should I be managing? Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we look at choosing which IT assets to manage to avoid overwhelm and deliver value to...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 5: Ask four questions to understand how IT assets are managed in your organisation. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore how to understand how IT assets...
This article “Public Cloud: The new gold rush” was contributed by Mikkel Brun Naesager. Image by Mike Goad from Pixabay They’ve found gold out West! So started the California Gold Rush in 1848, and so begins the Cloud-age Gold Rush. The FinOps Goldrush. The Wild West...
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 4: What is a software audit? four types explained. Whiteboard Wednesday is me, a whiteboard and learning about all things IT Asset Management (ITAM), every Wednesday! This week we explore four types of software audit. https://youtu.be/0ouOSTiMEhM Please...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy ITAM professional some good insights. Who is likely to increase...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide