How can you use Quality of Service (QoS) data to improve engineering software licensing? In this guest article, Oren Gabay, co-founder, and CEO of OpenLM explains how engineering organizations can use better QoS data to optimize license allocations, improve the availability of floating...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
This guest article from Alex Cojocaru, Founder & CEO of licenseware.io, tackles the upcoming challenge of managing the software licensing of autonomous robots. No longer science fiction, robots are increasingly present in our day-to-day lives and in business conversations. If...
This article is the first in a two-part series co-authored with Tamsir Fayer, VP & CMO of Softcorner. With the COP26 agreement in place, now is the time for everyone, including IT departments, to do their part in addressing the climate emergency. At a global level this will be...
At a recent webinar we were asked: “How do I accurately report the value I add as a Software Asset Manager?” Specifically, the attendee was interested in strategies for accurately reflecting some of the intangible aspects of SAM, such as risk mitigation and avoidance. As a former...
Gartner has updated their Magic Quadrant for Software Asset Management Managed Services. Managed service providers help customers with some of the heavy lifting involved in delivering ITAM within an organisation. The better providers help customer use the information gleaned to inform...
Executive Summary The ITAM Review is pleased to announce that USU Software Asset Management is certified for Enterprise SAM. ITAM Industry Analyst AJ Witt said: USU Software Asset Management is a mature product which met our detailed criteria for SAM tooling at enterprise scale. USU’s...
An audit clause within a software agreement is the mechanism used by software publishers to instigate a software audit. Software is not “owned” but instead customers buy the “right to use” software. This right to use has terms and conditions, typically laid out in the software...
This article presents a guide to Active Directory for IT Asset Managers – what it is, what it’s used for, and how you can use it to improve ITAM data quality and reduce audit risk. What is Active Directory? Active Directory (AD) is the “address book” for virtually...
Thank you to everyone who contributed to our community survey back in July. The results were compiled over the summer and shared during our online conferences for EMEA, North America and APAC. I’m now pleased to share the results in full. This is the first of three articles: In...
This article “IBM IASP: The good, the bad, and the ugly” was submitted by Eric Chiu, Managing Director, Fisher ITS Image by Daniel Nebreda from Pixabay The IBM Authorised SAM Provider (IASP) programme first came to my attention at the beginning of 2020, back before the...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide