This article “IBM increase prices to promote cloud usage” was contributed by Piaras MacDonnell, founding partner of LicenseHawk. We reported back in June that IBM announced they’re “removing the entitled discounts for a select number of products traditionally deployed...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
This article was written by AJ Witt, ITAM Review and Kim Weins, VP of Cloud Strategy, Flexera. As the pandemic and the resulting economic slowdown begin to ripple through a wide swathe of industries, companies are seeking to tighten IT spend for 2020 and beyond. Software asset...
Software Publisher Audits during COVID-19 Have software publisher audits stepped up as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak? Auditing customers is a tried and tested means of generating revenue for software publishers during a downturn – but has the threat of audits materialised?...
Gartner’s 2020 Magic Quadrant (MQ) for SAM Tools was released in July. For this year’s edition, under new authorship by ITAM industry veteran Ryan Stefani, we’ve seen three vendors added, three removed, and three of the 8 participants placed in the leadership category. The full...
ServiceNow continue to expand their ITAM portfolio with the announcement of enhanced Hardware Asset Management capabilities, coming in their “Paris” release in September. Alongside this, SAM Pro customers will also see improvements to Oracle, SAP, & SaaS license management....
This article is a collaboration between AJ Witt of The ITAM Review and Dean Bolton, Co-founder & Chief Architect of LicenseFortress. In it, we explore the challenges around licensing highly complex environments and how to approach these to minimise risk, reduce cost, and maintain...
LogMeIn may be familiar to you as a provider of remote support access software across the internet. What may be less well-known is that they also own GoToMeeting (web-conferencing) (formerly a Citrix offering) and LastPass (password and credential management). LogMeIn announced on...
This article has been co-authored with Dusan Omercevic, CEO & Founder of Cleanshelf Executive Summary New research4 indicates that SaaS spending is topping $13k per employee per year. Of that spend, around $4k is wasted. This article outlines how strong stakeholder relationships...
I met with Patama Chantaruck back in 2017, former global Microsoft SAM lead, who was honest enough to admit that Microsoft had confused their customers and partners, using the word SAM to represent soft audits and compliance reviews. “…and it was clear she was well aware of how...
Version 4 of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL4) was released in Q1 in 2019. This article, from guest contributor James Jones, looks at how ITIL4 influences software asset management practices. ITIL4 Basics ITIL is a framework that describes best practices both...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know