Category: ITAM Review News
The ITAM review focuses on the IT asset management field as part of our service we cover some of the latest news and stories in the area. Below we have compiled a collection of articles around the IT asset management niche that will keep you informed of the latest developments in the area.
We cover various IT asset management stories including case studies, best practice and thought leadership.
The BBC has reportedly reduced it’s software spend by using software usage data on SAP licensing. Silicon reports that there were 2,126 staff members with licenses to use their SAP ERP system who had not logged in during a 3 month period, highlighting a potential £300K ($450K)...
No idea where to start about software licensing? Microsoft UK are providing a free training session on Microsoft Licensing. The course is designed at licensing novices and aims to give an overview of the licensing models for the popular Microsoft products. The course also included...
Osmose Holdings sought a automated software asset management system following a ‘True-Up’ of it Microsoft licensing. The Wood Management specialists vowed “never again” to negotiating their Enterprise Agreement without first analysing their software estate and quickly demonstrated...
British Race Circuit Silverstone has cut Licensing Costs by 20% by implementing a software asset management project. The circuit is best known for hosting the British Grand Prix Kevin O’Brien, IT Manager, said savings were being made by monitoring which software was in use...
Microsoft have released a new Software Asset Management case study for the Bowmer and Kirkland Group, a 1,600 employee construction and development company based in Belper, UK. The group has started to benefit from a clearer view of their licensing position, slicker processes and...
For the ‘the cup is half empty’ folks, Centennial Software are offering a webcast with Forrester Research outlining how to manage IT during leaner times. The ondemand webcast is available via the Centennial Software website.
Computer Weekly reports that Irwin Mitchell, a UK law firm with more than 2,500 employees, expects to save a total of £65,000 a year by driving down power consumption in its IT department.Gary Thomas, head of IT at Irwin Mitchell, said the company is working towards compliance with...
“Tools hire firm Speedy Hire expects to save £2m over the next six years after rationalising the way it licenses Microsoft software.” Computer Weekly reports how Speedy Hire centralised purchasing of licenses and rationalised software for it’s 3,500 user estate...
15 April 2008 18:30 – 15 April 2008 21:20 GMT, London Outline of Licensing session This session is aimed at providing IT professionals with a complete understanding of Microsoft’s Software Licensing. The course is not in-depth or technical, but will help you evaluate the...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process