Last month (June), we held Wisdom UK 2019 – the first conference under our new name “Wisdom” and, word to the wise, it was fantastic. I said in the recap of our recent USA conference that the bar had been set high – and this conference went right over it! The Brits...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
This article is the second of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review written in collaboration with ServiceNow’s Ryan Wood-Taylor & Peter Beruk. The series outlines how a strategic ITAM practice will deliver enhanced business value through creation of strategic stakeholder...
Upcoming conferences With our conferences newly named “Wisdom”, November 2019 sees us head to Melbourne for our 3rd Australian conference, and then in March 2020 we’ll once again be at USF in St Petersburg, Florida for our 4th USA conference. We’re doing this call for...
By Sean Robinson of License Dashboard Last month, Matt Barlow, Corporate Vice President at Windows confirmed it will begin prompting users still running Windows 7 to visit Microsoft sites to understand their options regarding the upcoming end-of-support date. Mainstream support...
Some of you may be surprised to learn that IBM mainframes are still a thing, while others will still have them as a key part of your infrastructure. In fact, according to Datacenter Knowledge, IBM mainframe sales increased 70% in 2017/18! Perhaps to continue this increase in sales...
This article was written by Rich Gibbons of ITAM Review and Noel Unwin of Discount Licensing. In July 2012, the second-hand software market received a definitive answer from the European Court of Justice (ECJ) when it ruled that reselling intangible software was legal. The rights...
This article has been written by Rich Gibbons of ITAM Review and Michael Vilain of Relicense. The pre-owned software market has been around for longer than you think but is still very much in the growth stage. It exists primarily in the EU (and also Norway & Switzerland*) and...
This article has been contributed by Alex Cojocaru, Senior Advisor, at Ernst & Young. Could blockchain be a gamechanger for license validation and software license management? Since the emergence of mainstream computing, software copyright and licensing became the main practice...
This article is the first of a four part series by AJ Witt of ITAM Review written in collaboration with ServiceNow’s Ryan Wood-Taylor & Peter Beruk. The series outlines how a strategic ITAM practice will deliver enhanced business value through creation of strategic stakeholder...
Our Wisdom UK 2019 conference theme is “Taking ITAM outside IT”. As industries, businesses, and roles continue to morph, modernise, and multiply – the world around ITAM looks significantly different than it once did. Gone are the days of IT’s central control and instead we...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)