This article has been contributed by Alex Cojocaru, Senior Advisor, at Ernst & Young. As Software Asset Management (SAM) professionals one of our main focus areas is managing the installed software. We want to know how the installed software reconciles with the available software...
Category: Software Asset Management
One of the core subjects for the ITAM Review is Software Asset Management. We cover some of the latest stories and best practices pieces in the area. Staying up to date with the latest software asset management news will help keep your team informed on the latest developments in the area.
Below is a summary of articles covering Software Asset Management (SAM) from the archive:
The ITAM Review Radio Show, featuring (Clockwise): Libby, Danny, Barry, David, Geoff, Martin and Rory The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show starring: David “SAM Beast” Foxen Danny “Soft and Cuddly” Begg Barry “The Mercenary” Pilling Rory “Process...
Equifax, one of the largest credit agencies in the US, was the subject of a hack in 2017 that left over 148 million consumers affected. It was known at the time that the cause was an unpatched Apache Struts (an open source framework for building Java web apps) server in the Equifax...
An ITAM Review reader writes: “I would like to set up a list of success criteria for a SAM project. Do you have any documentation around this that you can share with me?” Generic criteria, generic outcome If you create a generic list, you’ll get a generic outcome. You’ll be...
Image Credit: Wikipedia IBM announced the sale of a number of software products including BigFix & Lotus Notes to HCL in December. HCL are a large, global digital technology company headquartered in Noida, India. The list includes several products which have been developed by...
In this podcast I’m joined by Hugh Skingley of Livingstone Tech and Patrick Phillips of Red Rock, a DXC Technology Company. We discuss setting realistic expectations for SAM projects. https://soundcloud.com/itamreview/how-itam-enhances-your-social-life Discussion Points: The...
Thank you to everyone that took the time to complete our “State of ITAM” community survey last month. This article shares some of the preliminary results based on the first 150 responses. The survey is still open, so if you wish to share your views please do so here: https://www.itassetmanagement.net/2018/10/02/community-survey/ 10...
Open Source software vendors are starting to fight back at what they perceive to be the misuse of their products by global cloud providers. Sick of other companies using freely available software to make money, certain vendors have introduced to license types to put a stop to it. Redis Redis...
This article was prompted by a discussion with an ITAM Review reader, asking how they should maximise the value of an expensive tool deployment that wasn’t, as yet, delivering results.ITAM tools can be seen as a magic bullet for software asset management – buy the tool, install...
The latest figures from SaaS Management tool vendor Zylo show that companies are getting worse at SaaS spend management. Typically, tool vendors in this market usually quote 30% wastage as part of their pitch – Zylo’s research shows that figure has risen to 37%. There are...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Risk Management within ITAM
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know