Microsoft’s Windows Virtual Desktop service is now in public preview. When it was first announced in October, I covered what we knew about the service but now we have more info around the pricing, I think it’s worth another look. What is it? In a nutshell, it is “VDIaaS” –...
Microsoft have announced changes to how organisations purchase Azure cloud services. Starting March 2019, Microsoft will introduce the Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA), a new offering for Azure services which will make the “licensing transaction process easier, more efficient...
Microsoft have released the first public previews of their next generation of on-premises Office server products – that is: Exchange Server 2019 SharePoint Server 2019 Skype for Business Server 2019 Exchange Server 2019 The next release of Exchange Server will run on Windows Server...
Christop Harvey, CEO, DeskCenter Solutions AG I spoke with Christoph Harvey, CEO of Deskcenter AG at Microsoft’s Inspire Conference in the summer. In this article Christoph shares his views on Microsoft’s SAM announcements (see video below) and provides an introduction...
Microsoft provides some of the most complex licensing models faced by organisations. There are a number of different licensing metrics for the desktop environment, virtual environment, datacentre and also now the cloud. The aim of this Licensing Quick Guide is to provide you with...
Custom Tweaks To Enhance Performance This is the second expert panel following valued contributions from industry experts on the NHS exiting their Enterprise Agreement last month. If you would like to contribute to future expert panels please give me a shout. This month the expert...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process