Audits are one of the biggest challenges facing SAM professionals and licensing professionals in the current era. Gone are the days when only the likes of Microsoft and IBM conducted ‘reviews’; now all of the Tier 1 vendors regularly audit their customers, and a number of other...
What does being Audit Ready look like? We often refer to the concept of being ‘audit ready’ within the ITAM industry, and it is something that any organisation with an ITAM function strives to achieve. Due to the structure and nature of organisations, being ‘audit ready’ may...
We often hear that IT Asset Management can help organisations manage their IT assets, and prevent any unwanted surprises. We believe that ITAM can help organisations avoid ‘messy situations’ and can help organisations become more aware of any existing or potential risks within...
Key phrases; Activation: When the software is installed, a serial number of activation code is required to unlock use to the software. Allows vendor to track activations and also allows them to stop any unauthorized installs. Application: Software name. Asset Management:...
Introduction All organisations face risks with their software licenses. Some enterprise organisations will have hundreds of thousands of different applications and thousands of different software vendors installed within their environment. It is therefore unrealistic to make the ITAM...
Introduction Over the past ten years or so, software asset management (SAM) has seen a large increase in demand and interest in its services. SAM professionals are now considered a niche, with established, specialist professionals in high demand from a variety of organisations across...
One of the most asked questions that we, at The ITAM Review, get asked is “How can I prevent being audited?”. The answer is always the same – you can’t. The best thing any organisation can do is being ‘audit ready’. Being ‘audit ready’ requires a proactive SAM estate,...
Building on our Oracle seminars, we’re pleased to introduce a series of seminars on IBM and SAP licensing and audit defence. This seminar will cover the key issues of IBM and SAP licensing and will include expert industry speakers, interactive workshops and the chance to network...
The ITAM Review will be running a SAM Workshop at the BCS in London on the 29th April. This will be an interactive session whereby those with issues or interest around SAM can discuss openly in a confidential setting with peers. The day will start with an introduction to SAM best...
The ITAM Review and Campaign for Clear Licensing hosted an Oracle Seminar on Friday 21st November 2014. The aim of the seminar was to share and discuss some of the main issues around Oracle licensing and audit behaviour. Oracle Best Practice Guide Part 1 is the beginning of a three-part summary...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis? Interview with Julia Veall
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Quick guide to Microsoft BYOL (Bring your own licensing)
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging