Click to Enlarge I stumbled across Asset Vue within the IAITAM Conference exhibitor hall back in October. Asset Vue, a US based startup, offer a RFID based asset management system for datacenters. Specifically, they use passive RFID to speed up the manual inventory process. This will...
The recent Inventory and Discovery Tools Group Test featured an independent review of BDNA, FrontRange Solutions, HP, iQuate, NEXThink, Numara Software and ServiceNow. The assessment criteria are listed below. You might find these useful, as a starting point, when developing your...
The results of the Inventory and Discovery Tools Group Test are now live. The vendors featured in this review are BDNA, FrontRange Solutions, HP, iQuate, Nexthink, Numara Software and ServiceNow. Please visit this page to view the results. In summary, The ITAM Review has flipped...
This article has been contributed by Kyle Marks at Retire-IT. What has more value, an armored bank truck, or a van delivering old computers to a disposal vendor? An armored truck may hold millions of dollars. An old computer on the other hand, if lost, may mean millions in liability. Every...
This article is based on a slide deck I used when I was punting software back in the year 2000. The ‘hexagon’ slides originated from a company called ‘Centennial’ (acquired by FrontRange) and were used to highlight six key areas that companies can explore to build a business...
I am in the process of reviewing nine market leading inventory and discovery tools. The tentative list of vendors participating in alphabetical order is as follows: BDNA Brainware/Spider (Withdrawn) iQuate FrontRange Solutions HP Nexthink Numara Software Scalable Software ServiceNow The...
I have written recently about inventory becoming a commoditized item. One of the limitations of inventory is that there is only so much detail you can collect about hardware and executables. The market appears to be focused on what we do with the data and not how we collect it. However...
What is Microsoft AIS? Microsoft Asset Inventory Service (AIS) 2.0 : A hosted service provided by Microsoft Users install an agent on machines which reports back over the internet Microsoft’s servers store the inventory data and provide software recognition Users can compare inventory...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process