This month’s Market Guide looks at Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). These tools, usually maintained by network or security teams, are a key component in governing cloud deployments, particularly SaaS. Their purpose is to discover, monitor, control, and secure access between...
Tag: Market Guide
June’s Market Guide looks at tools for Mobile Device Management. This is a market that has settled into maturity following a rapid growth phase as smartphones from Apple & Android barged Blackberry out of the corporate world earlier this decade. The market is dominated by...
This month’s Market Guide looks at options for managing assets at the end of the ITAM lifecycle. A vital part of Retire is ensuring that all data has been removed from assets prior to disposal. This is a wide-ranging area (for example, you may be surprised to hear that printers...
April’s Market Guide looks at options for Office 365 optimisation. With Microsoft becoming the single largest SaaS provider it is likely that they will be the first enterprise-wide SaaS vendor IT Asset Managers need to get to grips with. Salesforce and Adobe may have been the...
Our latest Market Guide for SAP License Optimisation looks at tools and services available to manage licenses for SAP systems including ERP & eCommerce platforms. SAP continues to be the publisher of choice for large enterprises looking for software in this space, despite the...
Interested in finding out what’s running on your network but don’t have budget? Or maybe you’d like to verify the inventory your primary paid-for tool is providing? If so a good option is to deploy a free inventory tool. Modern tools and protocols can provide you...
Our latest Market Guide looks at options for Salesforce License Optimisation. It seems like only yesterday, but Salesforce is 20 years old this year. 20 years ago they set out on a mission to be a huge disruptor of the application software industry and it is safe to say that they...
Just published is our guide to the small market for Oracle-verified inventory tools. Oracle-verified tools inventory Oracle Database deployments to a level that will satisfy Oracle LMS during an audit. Oracle haven’t verified any new tools for a number of years and market leaders...
The Secondary Software Market, created by an EU-ruling in 2012, is not just about sourcing second-hand copies of old licenses, or getting some money back for your now redundant Office licenses. In preparing a guide to this market I interviewed David Chamberlain, General Manager of...
Here is the second of the ITAM Review Market Guides – this time looking at tools and services to help manage IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) in the public cloud. IaaS environments, such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS, are becoming an ever-bigger infrastructure component for...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
- Microsoft 365 Compliance Assessments
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Risk Management within ITAM
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide