In this latest podcast, I sit down with four excellent guests to discuss all things legal and ITAM: Michael Corey – LicenseFortress Dean Bolton – LicenseFortress Art Beeman – Beeman & Muchmore LLP Joel Muchmore – Beeman & Muchmore LLP We discuss software...
Oracle are moving increasingly towards being a subscription-based company and have identified Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) as their big bet for the future – getting customer organisations off boring on-premises agreements and onto exciting cloud agreements. Despite the $179...
In this article, Evan Boyd, Vice President of Software Licensing Consultants, examines the risks you need to consider before moving to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI). The competition for your Cloud services business has never been more fierce, even as tech behemoth Oracle...
As a part of the SAM team in a large organisation, your role can feel like the last line of defence against mega-vendor software audits and multi-million-dollar compliance settlement fees. You may have a well-drilled team and plenty of experience against lower-league opposition, but...
A new report, commissioned by CISPE (Cloud Infrastructure Services Providers in Europe), sees Professor Frédéric Jenny looking into the “prevalence and impact” of alleged unfair licensing terms from software vendors – with particular relation to the cloud. CISPE believe that...
Oracle v Envisage Earlier this year (May 2021), Oracle started legal proceedings against Envisage Technologies LLC and the case centered around alleged under-licensing in their Amazon RDS environment. What is Amazon RDS? Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) is a cloud-based Platform...
In this podcast AJ Witt from The ITAM Review is joined by Michael Corey & Dean Bolton from LicenseFortress and Art Beeman and Joel Muchmore from Beeman & Muchmore. We discuss recent changes in Oracle’s approach to software license compliance audits, the reasons behind this,...
Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. This article has been contributed by Benjamin Vidal, Icon Consulting. Following the SAM tools verification for Database and Options, Oracle has launched a similar campaign for its Fusion Middleware products. This article looks at the following questions: What...
This article was written by AJ Witt of The ITAM Review in conjunction with Oracle & SAP third-party support provider Support Revolution Global IT spending is due to decrease, with a potential 7.3% decline before the end of 2020, with further declines expected in 2021. But while...
Software vendor financial results can be more interesting for ITAM & SAM managers than they might first appear. Looking at how the software vendors are performing on a quarterly and annual basis can give the savvy organisation some good insight. Who is likely to increase audits?...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Adobe to acquire Figma
- ITAM & decoupling: Smart Fringe Solutions for a Better World
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 2)
- As IT spending shifts to the cloud, ITAM must evolve
- Wisdom Unplugged: What’s it all about Rich?
- Build the business case for ITAM (part 1)
- ITAM Review becomes patron of ITAM Forum
- Opentext acquires Micro Focus: Audits ahead?
- Torii awarded ITAM Review certification for Enterprise SaaS Management
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Is there an ITAM talent crisis?
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM and HAM?
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process