This article was written by Rich Gibbons of ITAM Review and Noel Unwin of Discount Licensing. In July 2012, the second-hand software market received a definitive answer from the European Court of Justice (ECJ) when it ruled that reselling intangible software was legal. The rights...
Tag: second hand software
This article has been written by Rich Gibbons of ITAM Review and Michael Vilain of Relicense. The pre-owned software market has been around for longer than you think but is still very much in the growth stage. It exists primarily in the EU (and also Norway & Switzerland*) and...
Second hand software licensing market finally gaining traction, large European corporates saving millions
A market surplus of perpetual Microsoft Office licenses provides significant savings for organizations looking to address compliance shortfalls or growth capacity for legacy versions of Office. European SAM teams have been able to buy and sell software licensing on the secondary market...
SAM tool vendor Snow Software reports that Adobe has lost a case of reselling secondary software in the USA that has good implications for the US secondary software market. See: Adobe loses courtroom battle. It is great to see Snow Software (ITAM Review Tool Provider of the Year 2015...
"...the spread of ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’ (FUD) is still the preferred choice of weapon by major software vendors" This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part...
Demystifying the Mist Surrounding Second-hand Software This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part Three – The Legalities Part 2 of 3: Demystifying the Mist Having taken...
"Some statements from software vendors in this space may seek to cloud your judgement and paint a shady tone of grey" This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part Three...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process