This article was co-authored with Michael Vilain, Director of International Sales at CapeFoxx AG. Microsoft price increases Microsoft is increasing Office/Microsoft 365 prices in March 2022, with several products seeing double-digit rises: Office 365 E1 – 25% up Office 365 E3 –...
Tag: secondary software
Whiteboard Wednesday Episode 25: What is the secondary software? Welcome to Whiteboard Wednesday, this week, what is the secondary software market? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z5aRrYcqFI Please like, follow, subscribe to Whiteboard Wednesday updates, reach out on social media...
Second hand software licensing market finally gaining traction, large European corporates saving millions
A market surplus of perpetual Microsoft Office licenses provides significant savings for organizations looking to address compliance shortfalls or growth capacity for legacy versions of Office. European SAM teams have been able to buy and sell software licensing on the secondary market...
This is a guest post from Robin Fry of Cerno. The European Court has restated the legality of the resale of software in Europe in its latest judgment but confirmed that the principle does not extend to software transferred on back-up discs. The October 2016 ruling is the first...
SAM tool vendor Snow Software reports that Adobe has lost a case of reselling secondary software in the USA that has good implications for the US secondary software market. See: Adobe loses courtroom battle. It is great to see Snow Software (ITAM Review Tool Provider of the Year 2015...
"...the spread of ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’ (FUD) is still the preferred choice of weapon by major software vendors" This article has been contributed by Noel Unwin of Discount-Licensing.com Part One – Industry Dynamics Part Two -Demystifying the Mist Part...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Optimize SaaS Spend: How to Navigate To True North
- SaaS Management for large organisations requires a cultural shift
- Podcast Episode 115: ITAM & legal, the traditional approach to ITAM is not enough
- Why ‘Quality of Service (QoS)’ is crucial in engineering software licensing
- Building the SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Quick guide to Hardware Asset Tagging
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process