The BSA - The Police of the Software Industry? The following article is based on a recent conversation with an ITAM Review reader. Reader – Q. Who are the BSA? The Business Software Alliance (BSA) are an international body that are financed by the biggest software companies...
Tag: Software Asset Management
software publishers complaining about piracy - a charade? Last month the Business Software Alliance (BSA) published their ‘Eighth Annual Global Software Piracy Study’. The BSA reports that the commercial value of pirated software continues to rise and that piracy is growing fastest...
The ITAM Review forum now has a new home within the Virtual User Group. Below are some edited highlights of some of the discussions from the old forum. Thank you to everyone that contributed and sorry for the upheaval in moving things around. Q. Looking for a SAM tool that will full...
What is the difference between SAM and ITAM? First of all let’s get the acronyms out of the way: IT Asset Management (ITAM) Software Asset Management (SAM) Hardware Asset Management (HAM) What is the difference between SAM and ITAM? In my view, both HAM and SAM are components...
WHAT Gartner Local SAM Briefings in London, Oslo and Stockholm; “Don’t Leave the Job Half Done – Support Strategic IT Procurement with Vendor Management and Software Asset Management” Summary: Software Asset Management is critical to maximizing the value you...
This article has been contributed by Kylie Fowler. Regular columnist and Analyst at The ITAM Review. You’ve written your business case, you’ve got executive sponsorship, defined your policies and implemented new processes… but now everyone has forgotten how stressful the last...
Root Cause Analysis not Bandaids If organizations are to escape the painful cycle of firefighting against software audits and progress towards fully-fledged software asset management the focus needs to be on managing and acting on exceptions. That is, identifying where leakages in...
This article has been contributed by Sandi Conrad of Conrad & Associates. Sandi is the author of the “SAM Starter Kit” published by The ITAM Review. When starting out with a plan to manage your software assets, start early in the process by determining what your corporate...
This article has been contributed by Chris Borkert, Principal Consultant at Linium. SAM projects can be difficult. They may be prompted by a recent audit, realization that there is a lot of money being left on the table with vendors, or someone suddenly thinks: having unauthorized...
This article has been contributed by Phara E. McLachlan, CEO of Animus Solutions Inc. IT Asset Management, (ITAM) should never be viewed as a “nice to have.” For every organization, it is truly “need to have” for various reasons, including compliance and cost containment....
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- SAP HANA database: Managing spend & risk
- Are legacy software vendors unfairly distorting the cloud?
- Global Reader Survey Results – Audit Defence, FinOps and SaaS in hot demand
- ”ITAM should be at a higher level in most organisations”
- ITAM Forum gains momentum and kicks of ISO certification scheme development
- COP26: From Government pressure to Corporate pressure, how ITAM can help
- Oracle audits: Amazon RDS and questionable sales tactics?
- Measuring the value of Software Asset Management
- David and Goliath: The lobbying power of big tech
- Global Reader Survey – $25 Amazon Voucher for the first 100 responses
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Risk Management within ITAM
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know