Many statements are bandied about the industry on how much you can save with Software Asset Management, for example: “Organizations can realize cost savings between 5% and 35% by implementing focussed software asset management practices” Gartner Less common, are examples of organisations...
Tag: Software Asset Management
This article has been contributed by Sandi Conrad of Conrad & Associates. Sandi is the author of the “SAM Starter Kit” published by The ITAM Review. So, you’ve just received a call from your software publisher that went something like this: “Hi. I’m the software...
This article has been contributed by Barb Rembiesa from IAITAM. Part One: Vision Part Two: Key Processes Part Two: Key Processes Once you understand how these foundational processes exist within the enterprise, then you are in the position to venture into the other key processes...
As a result of the work I did with the Infrastructure Executive Board last year I am able to share a great SAM case study. It details how Bristol-Myers Squibb, a global BioPharmaceutical company with over 30,000 employees implemented their software asset management process. It is...
I recently had the opportunity to preview an early release of the latest version of Express Software Manager, from Express Metrix. The most notable development in Express Software Manager 9.5 is the new purchasing module which allows users to track purchases and reconcile invoices...
This article has been contributed by Rory Canavan of FAST Limited. My current role involves going about organisations in the North of the UK and advising them on best practice in regards to software asset management. “Do we go down the FAST route? Or do we follow ITIL? Or perhaps...
Why ISO19770-2 Is So Important – From HP Blogger Daniel Galecki BDNA Insight, Express Software Manager and K2 KeyAuditor & KeyServer go head to head in the 2010 SIIA Codie Awards for Best Asset Management Solution 3 Compliance Validation Best Practices from the Scott D....
SiliconRepublic.com reports “Businesses have been warned that the current credit crunch will lead to an increase in the number of software audits being performed on organisations as software vendors look to safeguard revenue streams” Both SC Magazine and ComputerworldUK...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Quick Guide to IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) accreditations and certifications
- What is a software license?
- What is Secondary Software?
- Annual ITAM Review Excellence Awards – 2021 Winners Announced
- What is 3rd Party Support?
- The value ITAM brings to the Service Desk
- Incident, Problem and Change Defined
- To win at ITAM, pick a sweet spot
- Microsoft 365 SaaS prices increase by up to 25%
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Extended Security Updates – what’s the deal?
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- The Importance of Effective HAM (Hardware Asset Management)
- Windows 10 Licenses: What You Need to Know