With Wisdom Online North America fast approaching on September 29 – October 1, (register here if you haven’t already!), I wanted to take a look at a few of our awesome end user sessions to give you a taste of what’s in store. Image by TheDigitalWay from Pixabay James Moy,...
Tag: Software Audits
Image by Bettina Nørgaard from Pixabay This story of an audit that found its way into court last year is, originally, from 2013 but only recently came to light…and it’s a doozy! What happened? According to a whistle-blower (a former IBM employee), IBM allegedly fraudulently created...
Here’s part 2 of what our Wisdom USA sponsors had to say in answer to our question “How much of a focus should software audits be for an ITAM manager in 2020 and beyond?”. Origina by Brendan Walsh Audits are inevitable. It’s not a question of IF you’ll be audited,...
With reports that software audits are slowing down and the increasing move to cloud within many organisations, does that mean software audits are not important anymore? Ahead of our Wisdom USA conference, we asked our sponsors to share their thoughts on the importance of audits going...
How strong is your defence? Software audits continue to be an annoyance for our readers and lucrative revenue source for innovation-strapped software publishers. Join us for a free one day workshop dedicated to sharing audit defence strategies against the world’s most aggressive...
“There’s no silver bullet for a discovery tool” Ahead of the SAM Summit taking place in Chicago, 23-25 June, I chatted to Bernhard Boehler, Co-founder and CEO at Aspera Technologies. In this interview Bernhard discusses Aspera’s new Optimization & Simulation...
Office for iPad has already moved to the freemium/premium model, with users paying only for consumption What does the future hold for software? How will it be delivered, how will it be priced, and will we ever be able to move to a usage-based pricing model? In my opinion, all enterprise...
Wayne Jackson Ahead of the Compliance Manager Summit 10-11 March in Santa Clara, we interviewed speaker and Director at Accordo Group, Wayne Jackson about his thoughts on non-compliant licenses, customer satisfaction, software audits and the future of the ITAM industry. Q. Companies...
Do your software audits fill you with dread? As we are all aware, software audits are something that most organisations dread. Organisations can stay one step ahead of the BSA and FAST by conducting their own internal software audits. Why should we audit ourselves? There are a...
Time to change the record? The BSA and other trade bodies such as FAST and SIIA have traditionally used a ‘Stick’ approach to raise license compliance up the corporate agenda. The CEO going to jail and fines are the usual battle cry (despite no executive responsible for...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process