As a part of the SAM team in a large organisation, your role can feel like the last line of defence against mega-vendor software audits and multi-million-dollar compliance settlement fees. You may have a well-drilled team and plenty of experience against lower-league opposition, but...
In this podcast I speak with Becky Trevino of Snow Software, Cory Wheeler of Zylo and Mathias Knops of USU on the role of magic quadrants in the marketing mix for technology companies, why Gartner might have stopped the SAM magic quadrant (withdrawn in February 2021) and the research...
We are delighted to announce that USU (formerly Aspera) have attained certification status for their solution USU Software Asset Management. It is certified for both Enterprise SAM (formerly as SmartTrack) and Oracle Database License Management (formerly as LicenseControl for Oracle). This...
Picture: https://pixabay.com/users/RJA1988-5385704/ Getting started with Salesforce licensing. Salesforce is considered by many to be the originator of SaaS (Software as a Service) licensing and, as such, becoming under-licensed isn’t the primary concern for SAM & ITAM professionals...
Executive Summary The ITAM Review, an independent community for worldwide ITAM, SAM and Software Licensing professionals, has certified USU Software Asset Management as suitable for SAP License Management. ITAM Review’s SAP License Management Certification is designed to help worldwide...
Consolidation in the ITAM industry continues as Aspera and USU announce a strategic partnership. USU has bought a 51% stake in the License Management specialist (for around 3M Euros) with a view to acquiring the company outright over two years. Although only small with around 90 customers,...
According to a recent study conducted by the American market research company ECP, USU is one of the world’s leading suppliers in the area of IT Asset Management and Software Asset Management (ITAM/SAM). ITAM and SAM are core disciplines for efficient IT management. In their...
Stay Ahead of the Market
Receive free monthly updates about the SAM, ITAM, and Software Licensing market, upcoming events & link to resources you won't find anywhere else!
- Podcast episode 114: Business Benefits of Hardware Asset Management in hybrid workplaces
- News roundup – June 2022
- How to build a SaaS Management Operations program (whitepaper)
- Global ITAD market up 7.4% over next decade
- Sustainability roundup for ITAM pros
- And that’s a wrap: Wisdom EMEA 2022
- The skills you need to maximise earnings in ITAM
- New frontiers for the CEDaCI project
- An artist in ITAM: Interview with Laura Pedersen
- News roundup – May 2022
Popular Posts, last 7 days
- IT Asset Naming Conventions
- Oracle License Management Tools Group Test – The Results
- Our thoughts on the Citrix acquisition & TIBCO merger
- Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Best Practice Survey
- Microsoft Visual Studio licensing guide: Stop the development of risks
- Oracle Licensing Quick Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Managed Service Providers 2021
- Process of the Month – Joiners, Movers and Leavers Process
- SAP Licensing Quick Guide
- News roundup – June 2022